- Nigerians getting desperate for cash is leaving thousand of bank staff fearing for their lives
- In the latest development, a video shows the staff jumping bank fence as customers get more frustrated
- Nigerians have reacted to the video while the CBN has continued to insist that there will no deadline extension
- Amid the shortage of new naira notes being experienced across the country, some employees of a bank have been spotted making a run to safety.
- They trooped out to the back of the building and jumped over the office fence to make a swift escape from a mob that stormed the premises.
- It was gathered that the affected bank is located in Delta State.
- A video making the rounds online captures the members of staff hurdled close to a ladder that had been placed against the wall.The men and women climbed the ladder one by one and jumped over the fence in their corporate outfit.
A woman believed to be a senior staff could be seen on the phone making inquiries about the local of security personnel they called to protect them from the mob attack.
Meanwhile, a female banker who requested anonymity told Legit.ng that she will not be returning to work for security concerns.
HER WORDS, “I AM GENUINELY TERRIFIED FOR MY LIFE, EVERY DAY YOU SEE THE GAZE OF THE CLIENTS BLAZING WITH RAGE AND YOU ARE ANXIOUS ABOUT WHAT IS THE NEXT MOVE. “I AM NOT SURE I WILL BE GOING BACK TO WORK ANYTIME SOON, I DON’T MIND LOSING MY JOB MY LIFE COMES FIRST. “I WAS NEVER TAUGHT SELF-DEFENSE.”
Some reactuons culled below:
Ahianaeleonweya wrote: “This is so embarrassing.”
@CMBmor also said: “The problem is there managers given the cash in millions to politicians to hide for election buying and the poor are suffering to get back there own money.”
@Onwesimon8 reacted also: “It’s only in Nigeria that you can see something like this”
@Innosaint04; The government are really frustrating this bankers by not providing enough cash for them, Everything in this country is unplanned
@Tee_Classiquem1; They should continue with the policy please, after all it’s meant to punish politicians and not Nigerians