Cristiano Ronaldo ‘no longer intends to play for Juventus’- Coach Max Allegri says ahead of shock Man City move
Juventus are coming to terms with the expected departure of Cristiano Ronaldo this summer as manager, Max Allegri has confirmed he won’t play for the club again.
On Friday, August 27, Allegri confirmed the player’s intention to leave the Italian giants this summer.
Speaking ahead of their Serie A fixture against Empoli, Allegri revealed Ronaldo would miss the game ahead of his shock imminent transfer to Manchester City.
“Yesterday, Cristiano told me that he no longer has any intention to play for Juventus,” Allegri told the press.
“For this reason he will not be called up for tomorrow’s game.
“Things change, it’s a law of life. Juventus remains, which is the most important thing. Cristiano gave his contribution, he made himself available, now he leaves and life goes on.
“Cristiano is to be thanked for what he has done, also as an example amongst the youngsters. But as I said, we must go on.”
The admission from Allegri follows earlier reports the Portuguese superstar had already said his goodbyes to team-mates on Friday morning, August 27.
The 36-year-old reportedly spent just half an hour at the club’s training base in Turin before packing up his belongings.
Following ongoing talks between City and the player’s agent Jorge Mendes, Ronaldo’s exit looks set to be confirmed this weekend with the player set to return to the Premier League to join Manchester United.
Juventus are demanding a transfer fee of around £21 million for the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Written by admin